Sometimes I think I can be a raw foodist, but then I remember how much I love sweet potato fries and my Mom’s homemade, warm chocolate chip cookies and I scrap that idea. I can be an occasional raw foodist, one who eats a lot of various kinds of salads, right? Right. In fact, this was my lunch today.
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 C chopped carrots
- 1/2 C broccoli florets (cut really tiny)
- 1/4 C chopped onions
Whip together the following in a small bowl:
- 2 TB dijon mustard (I used OrganicVille brand)
- 2TB Mayo
- healthy glog of extra virgin olive oil
- juice of half (or a whole) a lemon
Put chopped veggies and chickpeas in a large bowl, drizzle the dressing and mix until the beans and veggies are well-coated. I measured out the dressing and it’s about 1/3 of a cup. I did add a little more mustard because the flavor is just so nice.