You know when it’s 90 something degrees and you’re hungry and don’t feel like cooking? Yea, that was me on July 4th. (Actually, it’s been in the 90’s and really humid all week. I don’t want to see my ConEd bill, as I’m sure it’s exorbitant.) When it’s warmer out and I don’t want to stand in front of the stove, I opt for cold main and side dishes. So, I decided to make a side salad of the raw variety. It’s super simple and tastes like summer to me.
Green Bean, Radish and Yellow Pepper Salad
- 1 pound of green beans, cleaned and trimmed, cut in half
- 1 yellow (or red) pepper, diced
- Handful of radishes, thinly sliced
- 3-4TB White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1TB olive oil (or less, it depends on one’s taste)
- juice of one lime
- 1 TB honey
- dash or two of low-sodium soy sauce (or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos)
Slice greenbeans diagonally, thinly slice radishes and yellow pepper. Toss with dressing. You may want to adjust the portions of the dressing, as I did according to my own tastes. Oh, and some crushed red pepper flakes go well in the dressing. I think the dressing is a nice combination of sweet and spicy. It was certainly easy to make and will keep in the fridge for a few days.