I’m not Paleo, but, I thought I’d try something different. I have a similar peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe and I wanted to vary it. Plus, I got some new (to me)
almond butter and wanted to use it*. Most importantly, these cookies come together very quickly and you only use one bowl. Score!
Almond Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies (GF)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 c dark chocolate chips
- Fleur de sel (sprinkled on top, optional)
In a large bowl, whip egg with whisk until frothy, add brown sugar, almond butter, baking soda and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Use 1 1/2TB cookie scoop or, 2tsp cookie scoop for smaller cookies (what I used).
– Flatten cookies with palm of hand
– Bake for 8-10 min @ 350 F on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
– Let rest for 10 min on cookie sheets, then cool on baking racks. Resting the cookies is a must, if not, they will fall apart because they are a little bit fragile when hot. Makes about 2 dozen. Will keep in a tightly sealed container for about a week. These also freeze well.
* side note: I don’t usually purchase almond butter because I refuse to pay $14-$20 for a jar. The brand I used here, I found on Amazon, and as an Prime member, it’s totally worth the $10–in my opinion–for a jar. Yippee!